Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why Wild Honey & Locust?

Well for starters Locusts and Wild Honey was already taken.  So I got creative.  Really creative.  And I switched the words around!!  Clearly you are reading the musings of a genius in the making!!!

In all seriousness I wanted to start a blog where I could concentrate on the things that I love the most in life (other than my sweet family)--my faith and food.  So this blog will be a place where you can come to hopefully get a pick me up for your soul and a recipe for your stomach!!  I'm sure with all my free time I'll be posting some other DIY projects but I mostly want to concentrate on feeding you!!

I was looking for a blog title that accurately reflected my interest in faith issues and food stuff.  I googled "food references in the Bible" and got a bunch of verses and this one stood out to me the most.  Probably because it is a little strange and I tend to gravitate towards things that are just a tiny bit "off".  But then I started researching the meaning behind it and I thought it was pretty neat.  I found several references and parallels for both locusts and wild honey.  God prescribed this diet to John the Baptist for a reason.  I found this article particularly interesting.

So regardless of why you read I hope you find a little something here for both your soul and your stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment